Monday, July 20, 2009

Saturday July 18th

Saturday started off as a bit of a write off. I had tons of stuff left to finish. But around 3pm I was ready. With a big send off from Shelly around 3:30 or 4pm I hit the road. At first it was a bit of a downer knowing I wouldn’t get very far on my first day out. However… I stopped for fuel in Mattawa, and this gentleman suggested I stop for some food, at a diner…

I was pressed for time, I wanted to make it to Sudbury, but I was hungry and well sure… Turns out it was his daughters diner, and his wife also works there… I ended up chatting with them for a while… Eventually another daughter of his was concerned about the distance I had left in my gurney and the weather was turning foul… She envied me to camp out at her place for the night… Now picture this… She was just getting back from a wedding, so she was dressed to impress! Her mom drives her back to her place so she can get her pick up truck, and so I can follow her back to her place… I’m waiting at the dinner and this huge extended cab pick up pulls up with a four-wheeler in the bed… From the passenger side all I can see are these high heels stepping out from the drivers side… I was throughen off guard… In a good way :)… Well we went from there, she showed me around some of the wooded area and down town Mattawa… :)… Now mom you have to help me here… Mattawa seemed way too familiar, I think I have only been there once, but it was extremely familiar… Anyway, Lisa and I had an absolute blast, we went for drinks, shot some pool, and laughed our arsis off :)… Oh and she makes the best strawberry pancakes ever, just wish I could fit more in my stomach… :) Lisa has four Germen Shepard’s, my favourite being Maximus, because he reminds me of Sam (also known as the big guy), then there’s Castaylia (the red one), Sophie (the black one), and finaly but not least Sadie (the scruffy one)… Here are some pics...




Please trust me, trying to pack your things with four huge German Shepard’s trying to help, it’s not that easy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment