Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Chasing storms…

The last couple days have been interesting, weather wise. I am in a very hot area; however I seem to be following a strong weather pattern. There seems to be multiple storm fronts all moving East ward, a little slower than me. I’ll drive for about one and a half hours until I get a little wet, re-fuel, and then head out again. Once the storm front seems to dissipate, I make my brake for it, and punch through to the other side. It’s been a fantastic way to keep cool.

Yesterday evening got a little scary around Oklahoma City. Big crashing lighting everywhere! I had hoped to head further eastward, but decided to play it safe, and head in doors for the evening. I stayed in a borough of Yukon Oklahoma. Oddly enough the place is called “Canadian tech”, it’s just west of Oklahoma City. Also there local bank is called the “Canadian State Bank”.

Today was more of the same, so I haven’t taken any pictures. Honestly the area is fairly boring, and there hasn’t been much to take pictures of. There have been the few odd things like a nuclear power plant, or the odd pretty stream. But unfortunately these things pass by so quickly, and there is seldom a safe place to pull over.

After driving well over 1,000 Km today, I rolled into another familiar sounding place. Tonight I’m in Hamilton Alabama. Unlike last night, I wanted to stop much sooner than I did. However with an extremely thick fog, I was so concentrated about what was in front of me, I missed exit after exit. Of course I saw the exits, but I was nervous about hitting the breaks to hard. For one the roads are very wet from the fog, and potentially earlier rain, and I was also nervous about potential inattentive drivers behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment